We all do it: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
But, is anybody screaming for vegetables? If you're screaming for this particular ice cream, then you actually are! And you will.
We’ve tried it. And so can you (hint, hint: we have a giveaway…).
Peekaboo Organic Ice Cream
Peekaboo Organic Ice Cream is a delicious sweet treat, that sneaks in vegetables without compromising in taste. The veggies are gently processed to preserve the maximum nutrients.
Peekaboo Organic Ice Cream currently offers five tasty flavors with varying equivalents of veggies per 14 ounce containers, including:
- Strawberry with Hidden Carrots: contains the equivalent of 14 baby carrots. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of vitamin C, and contain potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin B1, phosphorus, and folate.
- Vanilla with Hidden Zucchini: contains the equivalent of 1.5 zucchinis. Zucchini is a good source of vitamins A and C and contains magnesium, potassium, folate, copper, B12 and B6, calcium, zinc, and protein.
- Mint Chocolate Chip with Hidden Spinach: contains the equivalent of 2 cups raw spinach. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin A and contains iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium, folate, potassium and vitamins C, B6 and B12, in addition to copper and zinc.
- Chocolate with Hidden Cauliflower: contains the equivalent of 10 cauliflower florets. Cauliflower contains vitamins C and K, folate and fiber. It’s also a source of B vitamins, manganese, potassium, protein, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Cotton Candy with Hidden Beets: contains the equivalent of 4 small beets. Beets are a good source of vitamin C and contain folate, potassium manganese, copper, magnesium and iron, and protein.
The taste test
As mentioned earlier, we were more than happy to try this delicious treat. There were 3 little tasters and me and the Dad. Only he and I knew about the hidden veggies as I wasn't sure whether the tasting would have been successful, had they known about the fact that they’re about to eat carrots, zucchini, spinach, cauliflower, and beets.
So, here we go. Look at those beautiful colors!
From left to right: Cotton Candy with Hidden Beets, Vanilla with Hidden Zucchini, Mint Chocolate Chip with Hidden Spinach, Chocolate with Hidden Cauliflower, Strawberry with Hidden Carrots.
Kiddo #1 loved the Cotton Candy. Kiddo #2 and #3 voted for Vanilla. Mint Chocolate Chip was a close runner-up.
Mom’s favorite was Chocolate, and Dad loved them all.
The Strawberry was everybody’s least favorite as it didn’t have as much flavor as we were hoping for.
And for the veggies: You absolutely could not taste any of the veggies!
When I told the kiddos about the veggies after the test, they cringed but it wouldn't stop them from getting seconds and thirds. In fact, the ice cream is all gone now.
Peekaboo available at HEB
Currently, Peekaboo is available for $5.48 per container at HEB throughout Texas.
We are giving away (1) one Peekaboo variety pack including all five flavors to one lucky reader.
How to enter:
- Like our Facebook page
- Tag a friend other than the friend who has tagged you on our Peekaboo Organic Ice Cream Facebook post
- Share our Peekaboo Organic Ice Cream Facebook post
ALL actions required.
The giveaway ends at noon on May 13, 2019.
Eating your veggies never tasted so good. Only you will know what’s hiding — PEEKABOO!
Get the Scoop
Like reading our blog? Get our blog posts delivered via email and follow us on Facebook!
This is a sponsored blog post.