Founded by Chicago mom Xza Higgins in 2013, MommyCon is a nationwide parenting conference series with the goal of educating parents about the emotional and physical benefits of natural birthing, breastfeeding and babywearing. MommyCon travels to roughly ten events per year, creating and nurturing a community of like-minded parents and parents-to-be. And luckily, Austin's on their list! MommyCon is coming to the Austin Convention Center on June 3, 2017.
Here's what to expect:
From 9:00AM-3:00PM over 80 exhibitors from all over the country showcase their products and are happy to answer questions and let you try their products.
Make sure to visit Austin locals, including:
Educational Panels and Workshops
In addition to the exhibition, MommyCon offers a full day of educational panels and workshops, such as:
- Breastfeeding & Pumping Q&A
- Intimacy After Baby
- Protecting Your Children From Danger
- Natural Remedies for Common Childhood Ailments
- Potty Training
- Nurturing the Development of Baby's Brain
- and many more
- The Babywearing Lounge guides you through proper baby carrier usage, and assist you in finding a carrier (or carriers) that are right for you and your family.
- The Vagina Village offers attendees the chance to get up close and personal with feminine care products, and engage in small group sessions with experts in the field of sexual and reproductive health.
- The Cloth Diaper Resource Center helps educate families in cloth diapering from birth throughout toddlerhood and gives attendees an up-close, hands-on experience with cloth diapers and a chance to see and feel what is right for their family.
View the full schedule here.
Goodies & Free Stuff
Each conference ends with $10,000 worth of giveaways and each attendee receives a gift bag from MommyCon sponsors, incl.:
- and many more
Date & Times
Saturday, Jun 3, 2017 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Doors open at 8:30 AM)
Austin Convention Center
500 E. Cesar Chavez St.
Austin, TX 78701
Tickets are $45 and are available for purchase online.
We are giving away 2 pairs of tickets to the event. Go to our Facebook page, like us, and tag the person you would take with you to MommyCon if you were one of the two lucky winners. Giveaway ends Sunday, May 29, at noon.