CBD oil is all the hype right now and CBD stores are popping up on every corner. CBD, and in particular CBD for children, remains a controversy, that is not easily resolved.
Also Organics launched in March 2020 following the work of concerned parents – Chewy and Mandy Smith – eager to find natural solutions to mitigate their child’s social anxiety. The result: Also Organics’ full-spectrum, whole-plant CBD product portfolio.
Also Organics answers some of the questions parents may have in regards to CBD and children.**
**Please note: the below are FAQ provided by Also Organics. Live Grow Play Austin does not encourage or promote the use of any medications. Always consult your pediatrician, before taking or giving medications to your child.**
Is CBD safe for children?
CBD that is sold nationwide, is obtained from hemp, which is a form of cannabis. However, in order to be sold legally, all CBD products must contain less than 0.3% THC (the cannabinoid found in marijuana that makes people ‘high’). This means CBD products are non-addictive and will not get your child ‘high’.” No prescription is required.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has released a report on cannabidiol and its many potential health benefits. You wonder is CBD safe for children? Ultimately, as a parent you’ll have to weigh all the evidence and decide, if cannabidiol is the right choice for your child. You might want to consult with your pediatrician for additional information.
Understanding the different types of CBD
There are three types of CBD available for purchase:
- Full Spectrum: Full spectrum CBD contains all the cannabinoids that naturally occur in the cannabis plant. The combination of cannabinoids produces a stronger influence than any individual one, in what is called a ‘entourage effect. If you are looking for a full spectrum CBD tincture for children, check out ALSO Organic’s 300mg Kids Tincture.
- Broad Spectrum: Broad spectrum CBD contains all the cannabinoids, but no THC. This is a great option if you want your child to reap the many health benefits of the non-psychoactive cannabinoids and terpenes of the plant, but abstain completely from THC. No ‘entourage effect.’
- Isolate: An Isolate is only CBD. It contains no other cannabinoids. Many parents turn to a CBD isolate for their children to completely avoid any THC or other cannabinoids of the plant. No ‘entourage effect.’
How does CBD work?
All mammals have what is referred to as an endocannabinoid system that is made up of two types of receptors 1 and 2. The receptors govern many functions within the human body such as those of the organs, pain perception, serotonin output, immune response, and more. The cannabinoids successfully bind with the receptors and are believed to have a positive effect.
Why give your child CBD?
The big question faced by many parents is: ‘Why give your child CBD?’. The answer is not entirely black and white. Many parents struggle to cope with the symptoms experienced by children who suffer from epilepsy, ADHD (deficit hyperactivity disorder), anxiety, and autism. Researchers are studying CBD as a viable benefit to such children. If your child has epilepsy, your pediatrician might prescribe Epidiolex. However, for other disorders and problems, parents are turning to over-the-counter CBD supplements.
- ADHD: Children with ADHD easily become overstimulated and cannot maintain focus. Many believe that CBD reduces the hyperactivity and manages their symptoms. A study in Current Neuropharmacology appears to show that CBD makes users more alert, which promotes a better sleep cycle at night.
- Anxiety: CBD appears to have a direct effect on serotonin. When serotonin is more readily available, the person feels more relaxed and less anxious. Moods become stabilized. CBD also appears to spur anandamide production. When anandamide is low, anxiety attacks can occur.
- Autism: Studies are underway that show CBD may help with autism. Rage attacks and restlessness appear to be less dramatic in the study.
Currently, no solid health claims can be made concerning CBD. However, as a parent, you can research the various respected research studies that are being performed around the world to arrive at your own conclusions about whether to use CBD for your child.
Choosing a CBD product for your child
You’ll want to consider the following factors when picking a CBD product:
- Hemp: Does the brand only use organic hemp, that is free of all pesticides and heavy metals? Does the company provide independent 3rd party lab results?
- Extraction Process: CBD is extracted from the hemp plant’s fibers. You do not want to pick a CBD brand that uses solvents during extraction, because a solvent residue might be left behind in the CBD. Ideally, the brand should, at least, rely on CO2 extraction or food-grade ethanol to ensure purity. Also Organics uses distilled water in their extraction process, which leaves no solvent residue to be consumed by the end user.
- Types: You’ll need to choose between full spectrum, broad spectrum, or isolate CBD.
- Form: CBD is available in many forms, but for children you’ll probably want to use a CBD tincture, that is placed under the child’s tongue for fast absorption, or a CBD gummy which is a tasty treat infused with CBD. Children who can swallow capsules might prefer a daily CBD pill.
- Dosage: Ideally, you should pick a CBD brand that offers child CBD products, so you don't have to worry about dosage.
Also Organics CBD products
ALSO Organics sells a Full Spectrum CBD tincture just for kids. The KIDS tincture and the entire Also Organics portfolio is non-psychoactive and made with US-grown hemp and organic ingredients.
- Gel caps
- Salves and lotions
All products are:
- Free of gluten, dyes, paraben and fragrances
Naturally occurring cannabinoids, like CBD and CBG (cannabigerol), work with the built-in endocannabinoid system (ECS) of humans to help regulate both central nervous and immune systems. Also Organics’ KIDS tincture is specially formulated to promote focus, reduce anxiety and stress, and calm effects associated with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Each bottle contains 300mg of CBD (10mg per dropper) and is made with organic MCT oil and phyto-rich hemp oil to create a calm sense of well-being.
Certificates of Analysis for the KIDS tincture are easily accessible online.
From July 25 – September 25, 2020, parents seeking organic and holistic alternatives to help relieve anxiety and calm uneasy nerves for children returning to school during the COVID-19 pandemic, can save 25% off the purchase price of the Also Organics’ KIDS CBD tincture by using promo code SCHOOLDAYS25.
Plus, get two free bottles of Also Organics 25 mg CBD Hand Sanitizer. Standard postage charges will apply.
We are giving away (1) one Also Organics CBD package to one lucky reader. The package has a $390 value and includes:
- One 300mg Kids Tincture
- One 500mg Hand Lotion
- One 10mg Gummy
- One 500mg Skin Balm
- One 1000mg Tincture
How to enter:
- Like Also Organics' Facebook page.
- Tag a friend other than the friend who has tagged you on our Also Organics Facebook post.
Both actions required.
The giveaway ends at noon on September 5, 2020.
This is a sponsored blog post.
Get the Scoop
Like reading our blog? Get our blog posts delivered via email and follow us on Facebook!