The 55th Annual Austin Trail of Lights, Austin’s largest holiday tradition, and the second biggest event in the city, will return to downtown Austin’s iconic Zilker Park December 10 – 23, 2019.
The Austin Trail of Lights features:
- More than 2 million lights illuminating the park
- 90 lighted holiday trees
- More than 70 other holiday displays
- Lighted tunnels
- And the 155-foot Zilker Tree, the world's tallest man-made freestanding holiday tree.
Join in the fun and experience one of Austin's favorite holiday events.
The Austin Trail of Lights will be open Dec. 10 - 23 with gates open from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. every evening.
Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, TX 78704
If you plan to drive to the Austin Trail of Lights, we offer close-in, lot parking at Zilker Park available only with a pre-paid parking pass. There are a limited number of spots available each night. All parking passes must be purchased in advance, online.
Parking passes available for $15 per vehicle.
Parking lots open at 5:30 pm nightly.
Parking typically sells out in advance, so purchase yours early!
Austin Trail of Lights Shuttles will operate from two locations on Dec 13-15, and 19-23:
Republic Square in downtown Austin, 422 Guadalupe St., Austin 78701
Toney Burger Event Center in South Austin, 3200 Jones Rd, Austin, TX 78745
Shuttle fare is $7 per person and INCLUDES General Admission access. Small children seated on an adult’s lap and infants ride free.
Advance Shuttle ticket purchasers may access the Trail through a separate, expedited “Prepaid” Entrance upon arrival at the Trail.
There are three types of tickets.
General Admission is FREE for 7 out of the 14 nights at the Austin Trail of Lights, and 7 days carry a $5 entry fee. Refer to the calendar
General Admission hours are 7-10 pm, nightly, December 10th-23rd.
Advance GA ticket purchasers can access the Trail through a separate, expedited “Prepaid” Entrance.ZIP Passes
ZIP Passes are a favorite of families and small groups, especially on busier nights at the Trail. You’ll be close to the action – stay cozy within our heated ZIP hospitality tents as you enjoy our festive lineup of nightly entertainment on the Zilker Stage. Skip the lines, enter early and ZIP into the Austin Trail of Lights!
- 6 pm early entry, one hour before general admission gates open to the public.
- Enter the Trail through an exclusive ZIP Entrance and sip hot cocoa in our ZIP Lobby before you enter.
- Special access to the ZIP Lounge where you'll find complimentary holiday cookies, cocoa, comfortable seating, and heated washrooms.
ZIP admission hours are 6-10 pm, nightly, on December 11th-23rd.
ZIP passes are $20 (plus fees).
Purchase required for ages 6 and over. Children 5 and under are free to enter with a ticketed ZIP adult.
Platinum Pass purchases come with concierge service for a VIP experience. Our Platinum team will work to make your experience at the Trail memorable and the planning truly hands-off. All you do is pick the night you and your group would like to attend!
This year our Platinum program will sparkle and delight guests in a dedicated Platinum Lounge complete with all the Platinum amenities you love like comfortable seating and an exclusive bar! Stay warm and cozy within our Platinum hospitality area and enjoy a fabulous lineup of nightly entertainment.
- 6 pm early entry, one hour before general admission gates open to the public, through an exclusive Platinum back gate entrance.
- Valet Parking for one vehicle
- Platinum concierge service from our Platinum Team to guide you at the event
- Golf cart shuttle services from the Platinum Lounge to Trailhead
- Access to a private, heated Platinum Lounge with comfortable seating and private bar
- One drink ticket valid at bars throughout the park per Platinum Pass
- One ride ticket for exclusive entry to the Ferris Wheel or Carousel per Platinum Pass
- Access to the Zilker Lounge where you'll find cookies, cocoa, comfortable seating, and heated washrooms
Platinum pass prices range from $80 for an individual pass, $150 for a 2-pack, and $270 for a 4-pack of tickets.
Purchase required for ages 6 and over. Children 5 and under are free with a ticketed Platinum adult. Drink & Ride tickets only issued to paid ticket holders, and not valid to complimentary Platinum children.
Get your tickets here.
We're giving away four (4) ZIP Passes to the Austin Trail of Lights for December 13, 2019 ($80 value).
How to enter:
- Like our Facebook page
- Leave a review for any of the businesses in our Kids Directory.
- Follow @atxlights.
ALL actions required. Only complete entries will be considered.
The giveaway ends at noon on December 2, 2019.
Get the Scoop
Like reading our blog? Get our blog posts delivered via email and follow us on Facebook!