Bye-bye 100s, adios 90s, hello 80s! Fall has finally arrived in Texas.
Perfect time and temperature to visit our four-legged- two-legged, feathery, or
scaly friends or take a field trip to our beautiful farms in and around Austin.
Activities and things to do:
- See how fruits and vegetables are grown and harvested
- Learn about sustainable farming, making healthy food choices, and where
our food comes from
- Buy fresh food from the farm stands
- Experience hands-on farm work
- Harvest your own fruits and vegetables, e.g. strawberry picking
- Cut your own Christmas tree
- Sign your kids up for field trips and camps
- Visit educational exhibits on farming and agriculture
- Learn about and experience Texas’ past and history
- Visit butterfly and insect houses
- Learn about farm and zoo animals, fish and reptiles
- Take the kids horseback riding
- Have fun at Family Fun Days with cow milking lessons, hayrides, sack
races, mazes, and much more
- Come out for fall or spring or any other festivals and events, e.g.
pumpkin patches, spring festival, Boo at the Zoo
- Register for tours, workshops, birthday parties
- Volunteer or do an internship
Here’s a list of Animal Fun and Farms in and around Austin. Let us
know which places you’ve been to and which ones you’d recommend to others. You
can rate and review every business listed in our directory on the bottom of the
listings page. Thanks for sharing!